Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Rain



I love the rain. I love the sound of it. I love the relief from the heat it provides. Every day for more than a week we have been drenched with lovely rain.

Yesterday evening while standing on my neighbor's porch we watched the rain move in from the west. A great big sheet of rain rapidly moving across a field until it drenched us with its power. It amazes me. Nature is wonderful and sometimes scary. Especially in the south where the hot and cold air mix and sometimes spawn tornadoes with these storms. Above is a tornado that hit my work in May 2008. We were lucky to come out of it alive. A few feet over and it would have come through our building on top of us.





This is where I work.

Today we have tornado warnings. Today I don't love the rain so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment