Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's Time to be Honest



I suffer from severe depression. I can not hide it or fake it anymore. It is what it is. I've tried to be strong and to resist it but it's taken over.

I was diagnosed with depression back in the late 90's. I took antidepressants and things seemed to get better but I did not follow through. I suppose I was ashamed.

Over the years it has gotten worse. It has affected me in my work life and it was probably a factor into me losing my last 2 jobs. Now I'm unemployed and that doesn't help one bit.

I have no energy. I'm constantly fatigued. I don't want to do anything. I sleep too much. I eat too much. I hate myself but I'm not suicidal. I don't want to die. Although it would probably be better off on my family if I did.

I love my dog Rex more than anything. If it weren't for him I'd probably never get out of bed.

I have no money, no job, no health insurance. My family will just scoff at me if I confide in them. No one believes me. I'm just marked as lazy.

Something has got to change.

3 comments:

  1. go to an ER, they will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you. I wish I could give you a magic answer. Maybe there are clinical studies that you can take part in, or perhaps a physician in your area that might take you on without payment.

    ReplyDelete